Christian Family Counseling
Adversity is part of life. Home and family should be a safe place in the midst of a world that can often be difficult to navigate. Unfortunately, family relationships are often fraught with conflict, trauma, or misunderstandings. Christian family counseling in Newport Beach can help you process and overcome the challenges you face in having a Christ-centered family life.
Building Christ-Centered Families
But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children …. – Psalm 103:17
God-centered families are the happiest families. A desire to honor, glorify, and love the Lord will positively impact all aspects of family life, including conflict resolution, a spirit of gratitude, and love for one another. These biblical actions flow from a foundation built on Christ and prevent dysfunction and unhappiness from taking over a family.
This is a healthy ideal to strive for, but it doesn’t always seem to be within reach. Christian family counseling in Newport Beach can help you identify and overcome obstacles so you can grow in godliness and love.
Who Needs Family Counseling?
Every family sometimes experiences conflict or other hard times. When these things begin to regularly disrupt the peace and stability of your home, Christian family counseling can help.
Christian family counseling can be beneficial in many areas:
- Resolving conflicts between husbands and wives
- Helping with a child’s behavior problems or academic struggles
- Offering solutions for sibling rivalry
- Support for mental illness or substance abuse
- Guidance through major transitions such as moving or career changes
- Helping blended families thrive
- Offering tools for effective parenting
- Facilitating spiritual development as a family
Trouble at home can have a negative effect on all the other areas of your life. A family should be a solid foundation of love and support, and at Newport Beach Christian Counseling, we desire to help families grow into just that. Counseling has been shown to be significantly effective in improving families’ conflict-related problems.
What Newport Beach Christian Family Counseling Can Do for You
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,a stronghold in times of trouble.Those who know your name trust in you,for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. – Psalm 9:9-10
The fact that you’re looking for information on Christian family counseling says that something at home is bothering you. Conflict within the family can quickly take a toll on your happiness and wellbeing. We’re here to encourage you to find peace and wholeness in the Lord. He is our source of provision for strengthening family relationships.
At Newport Beach Christian Counseling, we take a faith-based approach to the knowledge and skills we share for families to learn, grow, and heal.
How Can Christian Counseling Help My Family?
Our faith-based approach for Christian family counseling offers solutions for encouraging godliness in your home despite the influences of the world around you.
Here are a few of our most common focus areas:
- Marriage issues: Solving conflicts and healing wounds in your marriage will make a big difference not just for you and your spouse, but for your children as well, who are learning by your example. Harmful behaviors affect both the current emotional atmosphere of your home and your children’s futures.
- Parenting issues: Whether you’re struggling with distance, behavior problems, conflict, or other issues, we want to walk alongside you to acknowledge your difficulties and help you to overcome them.
- Blended family issues: In the United States today, 40% of married parents are step-couples. Remarriage often brings new relationships among stepparents, children, and siblings. Christian family counseling doesn’t simply address problems, but offers preemptive support to help you build a strong foundation.
- Grief and loss: We offer support and care for those who are dealing with loss and tragedy. Both parents and children can often benefit from counseling to process the emotions surrounding the loss of a loved one.
- Transitions and trauma: Life can become chaotic at times, and transitions can significantly impact the normal ebbs and flows of family life. Christian family counseling can help family members process the effects of major transitions or traumas.
- Health issues and addictions: 43% of U.S. adults have an immediate family member who is or has been an alcoholic. Addictions wreak havoc on family members, and it’s important to seek help in dealing with the fallout. Chronic illnesses also affect families in a major way. We want to compassionately help you work through these issues together.
- Spiritual issues: Sometimes matters of faith lead to conflict among family members, or it may be that one person is struggling with questions and doubt. In these situations, processing what’s happening in Christian family counseling can be a crucial step in finding a constructive way forward.
What Should I Expect from Christian Family Counseling in Newport Beach?
And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4:19
A family is one of life’s greatest blessings. We all instinctively want our family to be a safe, loving network, but we live in a fallen world and can’t always reach our ideals. Every individual brings a different set of feelings, concerns, and difficulties to the family, and sometimes communication breakdown, conflict, and hurt feelings become the norm rather than the exception.
Christian family counseling is particularly helpful when this is the case. We want to help you find a healthy equilibrium that acknowledges everyone’s perspective and addresses conflict and problems in a healthy, God-honoring way.
What Happens in Family Counseling?
What is the job of a Christian family counselor? Simply put, it’s to help the family become stronger, one member at a time. Each individual will have a chance to speak from their heart and share their personal perspective and desires. A counselor will work with each family member to build healthy communication patterns and a deeper level of connection. Our hope is for you to experience lasting positive change in your home.
Christian Family Counseling Goals
Ask yourself if your family is reaching its full potential right now, and if not, what’s hindering you from doing so. The goals of family counseling will change on a case-by-case basis, but there are overarching standards we would like to see all families meet.
Some of these goals for Christian family counseling include:
- Offering tools for building communication and understanding.
- Rebuilding trust and emotional bonds.
- Growing relationships.
- Learning to work together as a connected unit.
- Spurring each other on to seek Christ.
If your family is facing a crisis of some sort, it’s important not to sweep it under the rug. A family is a priceless treasure and is worth any amount of time invested in nurturing its health. And even healthy families can experience difficulties they weren’t expecting. Newport Beach Christian Counseling is here to offer you and your family a place of healing and restoration in Christ.